We have been wishing and hoping for a garden since we moved in together (remember our first attempt at plants? Poor parsley…)
We have successfully planted a garden! Now that we have some outdoor space, and the approval of our leasing office staff, we have planted flowers and herbs.
We have been making so many great food dishes with all of our herbs the past two weeks! Omelets with fresh parsley, dill and Greek basil, and looking forward to fresh mint in our sun tea.
One of our favorite dishes from the week? Coq au Vin. I can never pronounce this correctly, so we call it “Fancy French Chicken and Wine Stew.”
In a Crockpot, layer:
1. Diced onion (I think I used 2)
2. Pint of button mushrooms, sliced
3. Diced crispy bacon (I used about 6 slices…totally used turkey bacon, no judgment)
4. 3 boneless chicken breasts, whole
5. About a box of chicken stock (low sodium)
6. Some red wine. Don’t even know how much I put in…just kinda poured it all over. And drank some. Also not sure of the quantity I consumed there.
7. A little S&P.
*Cook on low for about 8 hours. It will make your house/apartment/yurt smell amazing. We served it over egg noodles. I added some fresh parsley at the end, but forgot to take a picture of that…just know that it was delicious.
Now that summer has begun for me, hoping to get back into this blogging thing more often. Stay tuned for tomorrow’s blog post: chicken arugula hummus tarts.
-L (& J and Bingley)