So…we kind of failed in the blogosphere. We hit that point in our blogging career where we said “yes, we’re going to blog every week!”
8 weeks ago.
So, to come back to our lovely blog, and with the return of fresh produce (I LOVE SPRING), we give you…
SPICY MEXICAN STUFFED PEPPERS
YOU WILL NEED:
- 4 bell peppers (we used 2 green, 1 yellow, and 1 red)
- Whole wheat couscous (a box….from the store)
- Some olive oil
- Mexican Chorizo (1 sausage worth?…it was long?)
- An onion, chopped
- 4 oz of Monterey Jack, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups of chicken stock
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Cut tops off of peppers, remove seeds and insides.
3. Chop the pepper tops and saute with onion and olive oil in a large skillet.
4. Remove the chorizo from the casing and add to the skillet.
5. While this is cooking, make couscous as directed on package.
6. Add tomatoes and 1 cup of chicken stock to the saute and let it simmer for about 10 minutes .
7. Once done simmering, and once couscous is ready, add couscous, 1/2 the shredded cheese, and 1 cup of chicken stock to the skillet- mix well.
8. Stand the peppers up inside a square baking pan and fill each (pack down inside).
9. Top the peppers with the remaining cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
We have missed blogging and will be sure to try and blog more this spring as we make great, new dishes to share.
-L&J (& B =^..^=)