Asian Noodly-Type Stuff
L made this tasty dish from a leftover veggie tray from a party. It feeds several hundred.
Or two people for a few days.
Or one REALLY HUNGRY PERSON.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Veggie tray stuff (we used 1 handful each of diced green, red, and yellow peppers, carrots, celery, and cherry tomatoes.)
- 1 onion, also diced.
- 3 cloves of minced garlic (in fact, just dump in a spoonful or so of the jarred stuff.)
- Whatever leftover spaghetti you have. If you have a new box, guess, or use one of these amazing things.
- Chicken breast(s) (2 works fine, we only had one.)
- olive oil or veg. oil
- salt and pepper
- ginger powder
- bottled teriyaki sauce
WHAT TO DO:
- Boil a big ol’ pot of water, then boil the pasta.
- Sauté onion, garlic, and oil in a large skillet until soft.
- Toss in the rest of the veggies, then let them get soft. WHILE THAT’S HAPPENING:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and a bit of oil, and pan-sear. (Cook until brown on the outside and cooked through. Basically until it looks like chicken.)
- Slice chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce (1/2 to 3/4 cup) in with the vegetables, mix it on up.
- Add the drained spaghetti and mix.