She’s been with us for a few weeks, getting accustomed to domestic life…
She doesn’t think much of it yet.
I had to buy her a collar with an ID today, since she sneaked out the door onto the sidewalk when I had the door open for an instant. In her spare time, she enjoys eating and scratching window blinds, spiders, shower curtains, toes, and basically anything that isn’t nailed down or doesn’t have infinite density. She refuses to simply sit on the cat bed we got her (she much prefers eating it) but inevitably, the BOX IT CAME IN is an IDEAL DWELLING. In between long stretches of seemingly endless energy, she will snuggle for about half an hour, if it doesn’t damage her mighty-hunter ego.
Good thing she’s so cute.
In the mean time, here’s what I’m making for lunch:
Meatball and Veggie Crock Pot Soup
I used something resembling the recipe in the Taste of Home Healthy Cooking book, but didn’t really follow it exactly…
I skipped certain parts, like “measuring”, or “using the ingredients on the list”.
YOU WILL NEED:
- A crock pot
- 1 bag of frozen meatballs (the recipe says to thaw them. I didn’t.)
- 1 bag of frozen veggies (I used California Blend- broccoli, cauliflower, carrots- the recipe says to thaw them. I didn’t.)
- 1 and 1/2 cups of beef stock (how do they even make that stuff? Do I really want to know? NOPE. JUST LOOKED IT UP. NOPE NOPE NOPE.)
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes (not really sure what that means, either.)
- black pepper
- fancy spices of your choosing
- 1-ish box or package of your choice of pasta
WHAT TO DO:
- Dump all that nonsense into a crock pot, except for the pasta.
- Cook on High for 4-5 hours. While you’re waiting, make sure your cat hasn’t disintegrated its collar.
- After 4-5 hours, add the pasta, and cook for another 20-30 minutes.