Like most humans with a pulse, we love Mexican food. This is a favorite recipe of ours which we just rediscovered. It’s a nice alternative to fast food, especially when you save some leftovers for those evenings where your brain and stomach are just going
So here you go.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Tortillas (we used whole wheat, medium sized)
- Ground turkey (1 lb.)
- Frozen corn (we used about half a bag total, maybe call it 1 CUP if you want to be exact)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 Onion
- All-purpose Flour (1 Tablespoon)
- Water (3/4 cup)
- Chili powder (1 Tablespoon)
- Cumin (a dash)
- Garlic powder (again, a dash. But a bigger dash. Because garlic is awesome.)
- Salsa (1/2 cup)
- Refried beans (1 can)
- About half a block of cheddar cheese
HERE IS HOW YOU MAKE IT:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Chop up the onion and bell pepper. Toss them in a big skillet with the turkey and cook until the meat is browned.
- Add the Tablespoon of flour, 3/4 cup of water, 1 Tablespoon of chili powder, dash of cumin, and bigger dash of garlic powder. Stir it all around until everything is pretty well mixed.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of salsa and the can of beans. Lay two tortillas down in an oiled 9 x 11″ baking dish, and layer with half the meat/veggie mixture, 1/2 the bean/salsa mixture, and half of the corn. Repeat the layers with another pair of tortillas in between, and finish with another pair of them on top.
- Shred about half a block of the cheddar on top of the whole thing, and bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.
- EAT IT WITH YOUR FACE
P.S. We bought this adorable bear dude because he’s adorable. #sorrynotsorry