…and it got us thinking: “We can’t be the only people struggling to live together in a cheap apartment, trying to make ends meet, and doing things like saving on groceries and fixing the scary evil garbage disposal all on our own, all the while making mistakes and learning how to live like real grown-ups.” Our hope, therefore, is that this blog will assist those who find themselves in a position like ours- young, naive people who need to know things like these:
- How to live comfortably, i.e. NOT: in your parents’ basement/in your friend’s basement/in a cardboard box/in a slightly more upscale plastic box under a bridge downtown/etc.
- How to cook food for yourselves. (Kind of.)
- How to keep aforementioned parsley plants, garbage disposals (and incidentally ourselves) healthy.
- How to have something resembling a balanced budget.
- How to pay bills. (bleh.)
- How to plan a wedding. (Your tastes may vary.)
- How to do all of these things with no money.
- How to get money when you don’t have any.
- How to not drive each other insane, and how to fix it when you do.
- How to, ultimately, be young, poor and strangely happy.
To be perfectly frank, trying to manage all these things at once is terrifying.
But we’re all in this together.
Wish us luck.