So, even though I have had a lot less time to myself this week, I somehow find myself blogging twice! In one week! This might be a record.
Anyway, I like how dinner is turning out, so I though it would be good to share!
I combined a bunch of recipes to make my own tonight- yummy!
“Asian-style chops and rice-stuff”
For chops, you will need:
- 1 1/2-2 lbs of bone-in pork chops (depending on how many you are feeding)
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. corn starch
- olive oil
1. Put soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sugar and corn starch in ziploc bag; shake.
2. Put pork chops in bag; seal; shake.
3. Marinade for 30 mins.-1 hour.
4. Sear pork chops on both sides.
5. Mine weren’t quite done yet, so I popped them in the oven at 325 for about 20 minutes (cook time will vary depending on cut of chop-mine were fairly thick)
While this is all happening…rice-y stuff!
For rice stuff, you will need:
- 2 4oz. cans of mushrooms
- 1/2 bag of spinach
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- some soy sauce (a splash or two)
- some agave (a splash)
- some balsamic vinegar (a splash)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3 cups of brown rice, cooked
1. In a saucepan, combine everything EXCEPT rice.
2. Bring to boil.
3. Once boiled (and spinach wilted), add brown rice; simmer.
To serve: I used my pasta bowls, putting down a 1 cup of rice-y mixture and 1 pork chop on top. Yum!!
In other news, cannot wait to see Spring Awakening tomorrow. Heading to a local show with my sorority sister and her biological sister. Should be a blast!!
Also- exactly 5 weeks to J comes home!!! We’re getting close!