Our Grandmas both used to make this casserole. We ate it and it tasted like home.
Not literally, like we were eating bits of our house or something.
Just tasted homey, my homies.
GRANDMA’S CASSEROLE TASTINESS
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 big onion (or 2 little ones)
- 1 pound of ground turkey (because sky turkey is harder to find.)
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 Tbs. ketchup
- 1 Tbs. Whooshshooshshter sauce
- 1 bag of frozen tater tots
- about 8 slices of american (or cheddar) cheese
- Olive oil
DO THIS STUFF:
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Cut the onion in half, then slice into half-rings, and punch them out.
- Sauté onions in a pan with olive oil until they are translucent.
- Put them in a bowl and set them aside.
- Sauté the turkey in the same pan until browned.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mushroom soup, ketchup, and wooshywoosh sauce.
- Dump the browned meat into the large bowl, and stir it all around until the meat is coated.
- Grease a glass baking dish (9×13) and spread the meat mixture around in the dish. (This will be the bottom layer of the casserole.)
- (Next layer): Spread the onions around on top of the meat.
- Layer the cheese slices on top of the onions.
- Layer the frozen tater tots in rows (doesn’t have to be perfect) on top.
- Bake for 25 mins.