THE TASTIEST BREAKFAST FOOD
THIS SIDE OF THE OLENTANGY
MADE BY US
(AND BY “US” I MEAN L):
Found at http://www.navywifecook.com/
YOU WILL NEED:
- 5 eggs
- 8 strips of the perfect food that is bacon
- 1 tube of crois…ckwroissan…ghrg..ghckght….. you know, those triangle rolls that come in the tubes. CRESCENT ROLLS. That’s what those are. Let’s go with that.
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (we used cheddar)
- cooking spray or olive oil
- a pan (for scrambling eggs)
- a baking sheet (for bacon)
- a different pan (the blog we found this on says you can use a pizza pan. We used a regular 9 x 11 baking pan.)
WHAT TO DO:
- Put the bacon on a cookie sheet. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes (or a little longer if you like it crispier.) WHILE THAT’S HAPPENING:
- Scramble them eggs. (J here- just a note that if you, like me, have never successfully scrambled eggs, and have thus developed an irrational fear of the technique, then this is best left to the professionals.)
- Lay out the crescent rolls on a pan in a circular pattern with the wide ends inside, and the pointy ends outside
- Put the bacon around the inside center of the rolls. Dump about a third of the cheese on top of it, followed by the eggs, then salt and pepper, then the rest of the cheese.
- Fold over the tips of the rolls together into the center, and press them all together into one point.
- Bake all that business for 15-17 minutes. Some folks say it serves eight- BAAAAHAHAHA WE ATE ALMOST ALL OF IT.