We have been waiting for fall…cool weather, decorations, all things pumpkin and apple cider related. Yum.
To welcome the season that shall arrive quickly, we made a wreath on our door this afternoon.
How we made this:
*one foam wreath
*roll of burlap (ours was about 3 in. wide)
*bunch of fake flowers (whatever you like- we liked the size and color of these)
*a wooden letter (and perhaps some paint, if you like the chevron look we made)
*wide ribbon (again, whatever you like- we chose orange wire ribbon with gold polka dots and and brown/white patterned ribbon)
….we also made some warm, hearty foods. Well, food…but made in TWO ways.
Ratatouille over Baked Potatoes
You will need:
*2 baby eggplant
*2 baby zucchini
*a red and a yellow bell pepper
*can of diced tomatoes
*2-3 stalks celery
*salt and pepper
*oregano, parsley and basil
*potatoes (baked in the oven)
1. Chop all the vegetables into about the same size pieces (diced-ish)
2. Drizzle olive oil into crock pot.
3. Dump in everything else, with an extra drizzle of olive oil.
4. Go to the farmers’ market for 5 hours while this cooks on high.
5. Serve over baked potato (we paired a lovely red wine with this for lunch).
Roasted Vegetable Soup
*leftover ratatouille (no potatoes necessary)
*chicken stock (1 cup)
*provolone cheese (or whatever type you may want on top)
1. Purée ingredients 1 and 2 in a blender.
2. Heat in pan.
3. Serve with cheese on top.
We enjoyed both of these this weekend, and they were each great in their own way!
-j and l