This… is maybe… the best… chicken thing… I… have ever… had.
HERE IS HOW YOU MAKE IT
Chicken Pesto Tomato Thing
YOU WILL NEED:
- 4 or 5 thinly sliced chicken cutlets (I didn’t know how “cutlets” differed from “all of the other kinds of pieces of chicken”, and am still not entirely convinced. It all looks LITERALLY THE SAME TO ME in the grocery store.)
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 ounces of goat cheese (usually 1 tube)
- 2 separate handfuls of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of basil pesto
- a li’l splash of half and half (opt.)
- Healthy dose of olive oil
- S und P
DO THIS STUFF:
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Salt and pepper the chicken, and place on a rimmed baking sheet (or else the olive oil goes everwhichaway)
- In a small bowl, mix together the pesto, goat cheese, and 1 handful of parmesan cheese. (If it seems kind of dry, you can add a splash of half and half to it.)
- Spread that mixed-up goodness on each of the chicken cutlets.
- Slice the tomatoes, and put two slices on top of each piece of chicken (as pictured)
- Drizzle everything with olive oil, and sprinkle the rest of the parmesan cheese on top of each piece.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
ALSO IF YOU WANT YOU CAN MAKE THESE POTATOES WITH IT
You can bake these at the same time as the chicken if you heat the baking sheet in the oven first.
YOU WILL NEED:
- About a pound of fingerling potatoes (which sounded kind of creepy to me, though L assures me they’re not)
- Half a teaspoonish of minced garlic
- Couple shakes each of thyme, rosemary, and sage (or 2 to 3 sprigs of them if you want to be super fancy. With sprigs.)
- Salt and pepper
- Yet more olive oil
WHAT TO DO:
- Preheat the oven to 500°F and place the baking sheet inside to heat it.
- Put the potatoes in a biggish bowl with the herbs and spices, and splorp some olive oil on it.
- Roll it all around with a big spoon.
- Remove the baking sheet and drizzle it with olive oil, and dump the potatoes on it and spread them out a little bit.
- Turn down the heat to 425° and roast for 20 minutes.