I know it looks like a burny, crispety-crunchety accident, but this Berry Chocolate Oatmeal Brulée is SO TASTY.
We love this recipe, especially because it’s so simple and tastes AMAZING.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 4 fairly big ramekins (Single-serving baking dishes, about 1 cup each), OR a 1-quart baking dish. Note that whatever you use should be broiler-friendly.
- 2 cups of instant oats
- a li’l butter (to grease the dish[es]- you can also use the sprayable oil stuff)
- 1 cup of frozen berries (we used a mix of raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries)
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
WHAT TO DO
- Grease the dish(es) with butter.
- Cook the oatmeal on the stove, according to the directions.
- Dump in the berries and chocolate chips.
- Stir it around on low heat, until the berries soften and the chocolate chips have melted.
- Plop all that goodness in the baking dish(es), and top it with the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Place in the broiler for about 4 minutes, just until the topping gets dark and crackly.
TASTY BRUNCH TIME WOOOOOOOOO