Ummm. I made this.
Dark Chocolate Cake with Homemade Raspberry Sauce and Whipped Cream/Raspberry garnish
What you’ll need:
*1 pint of fresh red raspberries
*1 box of devil’s food chocolate cake
*vegetable oil (1/3 cup?)
*vodka (eye-balled it)
*cornstarch (1/4 tsp.)
*2 tablespoons sugar
*juice of 1/2 a lemon
*1 tub of reduced fat whipped cream
1. Make the cake as directed with eggs, oil, water and dry ingredients. Bake as directed as well.
2. While this is baking, make the raspberry sauce: Pour all but 8 of the raspberries into a saucepan with cornstarch, vodka, sugar, and lemon juice. Cook on low until raspberries have fallen apart and is thick. Let this sit for about 15 minutes to really thicken.
3. Even cakes out after they have cooled. Put one layer down on cake plate, and then top with 3/4 of the raspberry sauce. Make sure it is spread evenly. Then top with the other cake.
4. Spread the rest of the raspberry mixture on top of the cake (toward the center in a circle).
5. Next, I put all of the whipped cream into a plastic zip-top bag, cut the corner off one end, and piped the whipped cream onto the cake. I also used a butter knife to smooth it out. Lastly, I placed the 8 raspberries around the top to make the 8 pieces in the cake.
6. This step isn’t necessary (but it was for me as my kitchen was about 90000000 degrees), however you can put the cake in the fridge to let it set before serving. I let is sit for about 10 minutes before serving it.
-L (&J and Bingley)