Whew! It has been quite the week at in our apartment-spring break meets wedding planning week.
We’ve conquered caterers, hair cuts, trips to the courthouse to obtain marriage licenses, water flowing into our apartment from the flooded unit upstairs, and a fantastic meeting with our photographer. Now that I have “rested” this week (haha), we are revving up for Easter and my return to school.
My way of relaxing apparently is cooking, which I have done a lot this week. I baked banana muffins, made turkey chili, and am about to put a batch of sugar cookies in the oven (shaped like carrots, bunnies, and flowers, none the less).
Oh, and I made this. (sitting next to the beautiful flowers J bought me this week)
Lightly breaded fish and spaghetti with peas, lemon and mint- yum!
*2 fillets of tilapia
*bunch of mint
*spaghetti (enough for two)
*1/2 bag of frozen peas
*1/2 cup parmesan cheese
*1/2 cup flour
*1/4 cup cornmeal
*1/4 cup breadcrumbs
*salt and pepper
*3 tablespoons butter
*3 cloves garlic
1. Set up three dishes: in one place flour, in one place egg (lightly whip), and in one place the breadcrumbs/cornmeal. Dunk fish in flour, egg, then breading. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a skillet, heat olive oil. Place fish in and flip over when golden brown. Cook until fish is golden brown on both sides and the fish is flaky.
3. While fish is cooking, start water to boil for spaghetti in a big pot. Cook until al dente.
4. In a skillet, heat olive oil. Saute onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, and then add the butter.
5. Toss in peas, and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
6. When peas are cooked, turn off heat and squeeze lemon juice over pasta, as well as toss in the mint (minced) and parmesan.
7. Toss pasta in with sauce and peas.
8. Serve each fillet over pasta and peas.
-L and J