Happy Presidents Day!
Working in education, I had the privilege of having the day off! This meant spending the morning with J-yay! We had breakfast together (rare opportunity), went grocery shopping and worked on wedding stuff.
We can’t believe it, but our wedding is a little over 2 months away-eek!
One of the things still on our wedding to-do list was creating a “must play” and “do not play” list for our DJ, and friend, JM.
We had a good time putting together our list today, creating a good mix of our favorite music. This was actually a harder task than we expected, having to consider if it is “dance-able,” if people will want to dance to it, as well as put together our first dance song, father/daughter dance song, mother/son dance song, and what music will play when we enter the reception.
Bands we featured often? Queen, Electric Light Orchestra, Vampire Weekend, Matt & Kim, The Black Keys, M83, and Walk the Moon.
Small note: Walk the Moon played a mean show at our college before they made it big. One of the best concerts I have ever been to. One great song off of their album is titled “Quesadilla.”
Guess what is for dinner?
Cheesy-Corn-Black Bean Quesadillas:
- olive oil
- 1/2 bag of frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed
- 10 tortillas
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- some sour cream for topping
- Preheat the oven to 200 (will keep quesadillas warm while others are cooking).
- In a pan with olive oil, toast corn until it starts to brown.
- While toasting, mash the rinsed beans in a bowl.
- Add corn to bowl and return pan to burner.
- Add onions and jalapeños to heat, cooking for a few minutes.
- Add garlic, and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add onion mixture to corn mixture to combine.
- Add shredded cheese.
- Take a tortilla, spread 1/2 cup of mixture in bottom half, and foldover.
- Place in pan and flip when brown.
- After the other side is cooked, place it on a cookie sheet and put it in the oven.
- When quesadillas are done, cut in wedges and serve with sour cream.