I surprised myself by finding a lovely recipe for vegetable pizzas with a twist. And J ate all of his (note: he is not a fan of tomatoes, peppers and sometimes cucumbers).
Veggie “Tostadas”- basically a pizza-ish tortilla with a deconstructed guacamole and hummus combo. All of the YUM!
You will need (for 2 tostadas):
*Two flour tortillas
*Hummus (**see note below**)
*3 tiny sweet peppers (baby peppers?)
*some feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350. While waiting, place two tortillas on a baking sheet and brush olive oil across. Place in oven for 8-10 minutes (until crispy).
2. Chop tomatoes and peppers. Saute in olive oil until soft.
3. Dice cucumber and score 1/2 an avocado.
4. Take tortillas out of oven, and spread with some hummus. Crumble feta over top.
5. Sprinkle with S&P, and spread as many of the tomatoes/peppers, cucumbers and diced avocado as you want.
**So, in our case, we had 7 steps. Somehow, J accidentally put the hummus in the freezer last week while unloading groceries from the store. Needless to say, we had a hummus puck to defrost before it was even close to being able to spread across the tortilla. Never a dull moment with J, never a dull moment. 🙂
So good. And healthy, nonetheless.
Just a quick post!
-L and J