Today was J’s first day of work- hooray! Today was my start of the weekend- hooray!
To start our weekend, J and I decided to make dinner together and watch The West Wing together. We have been watching it on Netflix. We are obsessed.
Anywho, we made this for dinner.
It actually made this, plus a small loaf pan. SO MANY VEGETABLES.
Oh, yeah. It is garden lasagna.
You will need:
*9 lasagna noodles
*3 1/2 cups of milk
*1/2 cup flour
*1/2 cup parmesan
*chopped vegetables (we cut up more than we probably should have, hence the second pan)…we used an onion, 1/2 head of cauliflower (florets only), 2 stalks of broccoli (florets only), couple of carrots, couple of stalks of celery, and a zucchini
*olive oil (some)
*container of cottage cheese
*3 cups of shredded mozzarella
*1/2 bag spinach
1. Boil noodles. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Oil in pan; cook onions with salt and pepper.
3. Once softened, dump into large bowl. Add oil back to pan (back on heat), and cook zucchini.
4. Once cooked, dump with onions. Add oil back to pan (back on heat), and cook broccoli and cauliflower.
5. Once cooked, dump with others. Add oil back to pan (back on heat), and cook carrots and celery.
6. Once cooked dump with others.
7. Other pan…flour and milk on the stove. Whisk thoroughly. Bring to boil.
8. Once boiling, remove from heat, stirring in parmesan and spinach, with some s&p.
9. In another bowl (if you have any left by now…), add cottage cheese and 1/2 of the mozzarella. Mix.
10. Grease a 9×13 pan, and dump 1/3 of the spinach sauce. Add three noodles across the pan. Spread 1/3 of the cottage cheese mixture onto noodles. Add 1/3 of vegetables on top.
11. Repeat 10.
12. Repeat 10 one last time.
13. Put the rest of the mozzarella on top of the lasagna.
14. Bake for 20 minutes covered, remove foil, then another 20 minutes to broil cheese.
15. Wait 10 minutes, serve and eat. We had ours with a nice Riesling. Yum.
What else are we doing tonight? Assembling wedding invitations. Excellent. More wine!
-L & J