I made this for dinner tonight.
I finished my last day of jewelry club at school, had a long day of meetings and teaching. Was a bit tired. What solves a lack of dinner plans, with a lack of care whether the food is healthy or not? Chinese food.
BUT WAIT. This is healthier.
Edamame Fried Rice (Serves 4 as main dish):
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups brown rice (I used quick cook)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 5 scallions (greens in one bowl, whites in another)
- 1/2 bag edamame (shelled-this takes a long time. Buy the shelled stuff- I also used frozen)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- Scramble eggs with s&p; put in a dish to the side
- Cook rice in pan; set aside
- Heat oil in pan (supposed to use a wok, but have yet to acquire such an item. I registered for one while doing wedding registry-things.)
- Saute onions, carrots, and white scallions
- Add in eggs, rice, edamame- stir
- Once heated through, add green scallions and soy sauce. Stir once more.
- Eat. I added a little more soy sauce on top.
SO GOOD. YUUUUUUM. Seriously.