After spending a nice weekend at home with J, we decided we should probably figure out what we were going to do with the Save-the-Dates for our wedding since it is approaching in a few months. Now, I am not a huge fan of a certain superstore, but…Best thing ever: stationary and card creator on their photo site.
We picked a design we liked, dropped in our photos, typed a cute message and the date, and done! Ordered them for $.33 a piece (including an envelope). They were supposed to be $.40 a piece, but we got a discount because we ordered 100. Also, no charge for shipping, because they are being printed at the location I choose to buy them from. They should be ready in a week and we will send them out in two.
Can’t wait to see them and send them!
Also, banana bread.
I bought a lot of fruit for a fruit salad at work’s potluck last week. Apparently my eyes were a little too big when I bought because I still had 5 bananas left, which had become a fun pattern of brown polka dots over the weekend. What to do? Banana Bread.
Yum: I took my favorite recipe from Skinnytaste and altered it a bit. (Makes two loaves or cakes)
- 5 bananas (cuz I didn’t have 7)
- 1/2 cup of plain yogurt (because I ran out of applesauce-oops)
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter…probably could have been ofter than I used
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- baking spray
- I usually add walnuts, but I was out…
- Combine flour, soda, salt in bowl
- cream butter and brown sugar
- add bananas, yogurt, egg whites, vanilla; mix well
- add flour in thirds; don’t over mix
- divide into two pans (I used 8in round pans because I only have one loaf pan)
- bake for 50ish minutes (45 if you have a hot oven like me)
- let cool for about 20 minutes.
One for me, for breakfast. One for a friend.